1 Sofa Bed
2nd Floor Beauty with Direct Ocean Views, Beautifully remodeled.
My name is Tim Miller. My brother and I initially purchased here in Cancun back in 2004. We used to have places in Coco Beach FL. But after we discovered Cancun we sold everything and never looked back. The beauty of Cancun is unmatched world wide! As you drive in from the airport, you have the incredible Caribbean with all its amazing turquoise colors, just so gorgeous. That's just on the one side of the road. On the other you have this beautiful fresh water bay surrounded by lush vegetation. In the middle of the road you have palm trees galore, its just beautiful beyond words. Then there are the people of Cancun. They are so happy, so authentic, so appreciative of the business tourists bring them. What an outstanding culture of people!
Now before I get into the myriad of the amazing things there are to do here in Cancun, let me tell you a bit about the property. Oleo Cancun Playa is a beautiful resort that sits directly on the beach at kilometer 19.5 in the famed Cancun hotel zone. We are directly across the street from a couple of restaurants, but far enough away from the thumping night clubs to be in what I consider the perfect location. The big night clubs are 6 miles North of us. You can go anywhere in Cancun in minutes by bus for .25 cents.
The unit itself is truly a gem. Everything in it is brand new as of March 2020! You can see how nice it is finished by the details in the kitchen and bathrooms. And you can see the decor beauty is in its simplicity. I love this unit! Its clean, its simple, its beautiful, it sits on the 2nd floor and the view is straight out to the ocean. What is not to love?! It has two king beds and the pull out couch turns into a queen. The unit is so new, I do not yet have an exact size. My wife just got back from Cancun with the pictures. But I can give you a guess of about 1,000 sq. feet. You can see you have the combo of the living and dining area, with another smaller living area where the pull out couch is with the 55" TV above that. Then you have the kitchen, entry, two bedrooms with King beds, and two bathrooms, and entry, and washer/dryer. So I think my square footage guess should be on the low side if anything.
Resort main features:
Located directly on the beach in the famed Cancun hotel zone!
Oleo Cancun Playa was recently completely remodeled and is like new!
Private beach and pool with lounge chairs and shade.
Flexible all inclusive option. This is an all inclusive resort. Since individual owners also rent their places, you can purchase the all inclusive if you want, for any of the days you are at the resort. Please email for current pricing as it does change from time to time. Oleo Cancun Playa has 4 restaurants, swim up bar, and lounge and resort bar.
What makes us a more attractive choice than our competition?
1. When you arrive at the resort you are welcomed by one of our full time Managers, Abdiel or Paola. They are both great people, with a heart to serve. If you need anything while you are in Cancun just email our team from the welcome packet email thread. This thread shows your unit number and arrival and departure dates. You will receive a prompt response.
2. Some owners only give you a lock box code. That's not showing much service. Others rely on part timers to greet their guests and manage their places. Is that who you want taking care of you?...someone who might be there if they aren't working somewhere else? Abdiel and Paola are part of our full time staff. They are at the resort every day but Sunday. We try to give them Sunday's off. Although sometimes they have arrivals this day as well.
3. Most condo complexes do not have a lobby at all. They might have security staff, and a maintenance man. Here you are at a resort where you pull up to a well lit 24 hour lobby, and you have bellhops for your luggage, maintenance staff, service staff, restaurant & bar staff and of course 24/7 gated security.
4. Would you like an authentic Mexican home cooked meal? How does only $80 for your entire groups sound? (up to 8 people, $10 per person beyond 8), plus the raw cost of the food? That's right, we provide this service with no mark up at all! Enjoy! The service includes clean up after. Why go out to some expensive fancy place when you can dine and be serviced while enjoying the best views in Cancun right there in the penthouse?! anywhere.
5. Want a tip on a great snorkeling experience? A good friend of mine offers his service privately for your group. The private tour goes all day, includes a nice and huge lunch on Isla Mujeres, including fresh fish, past, salad and more, is totally private to your group, and comes with the best "skipper" anywhere. Plus the price includes round trip transfers from the port. And it also includes a gold cart rental for an hour so that you can enjoy some exploring time on Isla Mujeres. Going out with Mike is truly a terrific experience! You can see many reviews that say this was the highlight of their trip. For a private snorkeling excursion that includes all of this, you would be hard pressed to find a price less than $150 per person. But with Mike, it's just $65 per person, unless you have 6 people or less in which case the price is $390 total, since this is the minimum total. You can only get this if you rent through Tim's Ocean Condos.
6. You will notice a cooler inside the unit. When our family heads down to Cancun, we use this all the time. At all inclusive resorts, these are normally strictly forbidden. But here there are private owners, so you are welcome to use them. My wife makes outstanding fresh mai tais. We pack up some ice cold mai tais and take them down to the pool and beach. It saves a lot of money.
7. 19.5: There are restaurants right across the street, which is really nice. One is called 19.5. When I'm in town working, you'll often find me there. They have tasty food and great drinks. And Joe is a great guy! Joe is the owner, I have known him for years. If you show him that you are staying with Tim's Ocean Condos he will give you 10% off of your bill. Here you also have a beautiful view of the bay.
8. Navios is the other restaurant across the street. They make outstanding seafood! And the ambiance there is amazing, especially at night with their lighting. The place is surrounded by water and they have these private palapas for your group only that are completely surrounded by water. So you have this nice lighting and the light bouncing off the water, it's really nice. Actually there have been a handful of our guests who have proposed here and understandably so.
9. Convenience store Oxxo: Oxxo is a convenience store that is directly across the street. They have anything you might expect to find at a convenience store, plus they do also sell beer and hard liquor. They also have handy things like charge cords in case you forget yours, and memory cards.
10. Knowledge matters. After being in Cancun for nearly 20 years, the knowledge gained helps our guests all the time when they ask about various things. For example, my brother and I went out to the big night clubs a few years back to celebrate that he had passed his board for his MD. We couldn't believe how expensive it was, just to get in the door to these big night clubs, it was $30 on the low end, and $50 on the higher end. And in the biggest clubs, we couldn't even sit down, standing room only. Plus the drinks were not cheap, to put it mildly. If you want to go out to the big night clubs, after you book, I will give you a link to a company that will provide you with VIP service with no waiting in lines and your own table at the clubs, plus free cover charges and even free drinks the whole night, all for about $90. It's the ultimate no brainer. They drop you off at 10pm, they do not pick up, you'll want to take a taxi or bus back. And it goes from 10pm to 3am.
11. Resort Features: Flexible All Inclusive Option - Pay only for the day(s) you want it - decide as your vacation unfolds.
12. If you are traveling with small children, you will find a packnplay (play-pen & sleeper), a high chair & a quality stroller on hand.
Are Linens provided? Yes, towels and linens are provided.
Is there a washer and dryer? Yes. The same machine washes and dries your clothes. Very common in Mexico.
Is there an iron and ironing board? Yes, in both units.
Are there hair dryers? Yes.
Are there safes for valuables? Yes.
Are beach towels provided? Yes, we provide up to 6, depending on how many are staying with us.
Do we need a converter for the electrical plugs?
Are there music players?
No, we used to provide blue tooth speakers but unfortunately they were taken so many times we stopped offering this.
Is daily maid service included? No. In the vacation rental business, you can expect a clean, laundered unit upon your arrival.
Can we get additional cleaning days? Yes.
* Standard Service is $50: General cleaning & making up the beds.
* Premium Service is $85: Same as above plus newly laundered linens are put on when the beds are made up.
How do we book it? Just email me with the dates you want and the type of cleaning you want.
How do we pay for the cleaning? Please pay the service provider directly in cash.
How do we dispose of garbage? The resort staff stops by every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. They knock on the door at approximately 10am those days to ask for your trash and recyclables.
What size beds does the unit have? 2 kings, and one pull out queen in the living room.
Which bedrooms have their own bathroom? The master.
Are bath towels provided? Yes
Do you have anything for babies to sleep in? Yes, there is a packnplay.
Are linens provided for the packnplay? No
Are there any supplies provided?
Yes, we provide:
Hand soap at the sinks
Dish soap at the kitchen sink
All purpose cleaner, broom and dustpan
Salt and pepper
1 roll of paper towels
3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
Is there an oven, fridge, stove top, sink?
In #2102 there is an oven. Also there is a sink, full size fridge, and stove.
Are there smaller appliances like a microwave, blender, toaster, coffee maker? Yes to all..
What type of coffee maker filters do we need to get? Standard type, like what is used in Mr. Coffee brand.
Are there pots, pans, utensils, strainer, big bowls, dishware, silverware, wine opener, bottle opener, knives, glassware? Yes to all.
Is there pure water in the kitchen? Yes, reverse osmosis system for unlimited drinking water.
Is there inter-net access from the condo? Yes, wireless inter-net with a private secure modem.
Is there a phone in the unit? No. We used to provide phones, but rates for calling on cell phones have come down so much, even when traveling abroad, that we stopped it a long time ago.
Do you recommend renting a car? No. Buses run 24/7 all up and down the strip, and it's hard to find parking if you do have a car. You can go anywhere in the hotel zone for just .25 cents per person by bus, or cabs are always available too.
Do you provide airport transfers? No.
Do you recommend a transfer company from the airport?
Yes, we provide a link in your welcome packet. Round trip cost is $80 per vehicle, and each vehicle can hold up to 10 people with luggage. This is a private transfer.
Are they the best price you have found, and are they reliable? Yes on both, we have been recommending them for years.
Does the resort have a gym?
Do we have access to the resort beach and pool?
Is there any extra charge to use the resort loungers, umbrellas and shade tents?
No, it's included in the price.
If we don't take the all inclusive, do we still have access to all the resort things except the bars and restaurants?
If I don't take the all inclusive, can I still order a drink from the bar? No, it's an all inclusive resort. They only look to see if you have an all inclusive day pass wristband on or not. However, you can now get breakfast only for $20 per person if you want. You purchase this at the lobby front desk.
How much does the spa cost?
$15 per person for 90 minutes.
What does the spa offer?
There is a steam room, sauna, whirlpools, a relaxation pool, and massage services. Whenever I have gotten a massage, they have waived the fee. Ladies, you can also get your nails done there.
Is there a tennis court?
Do they rent racquets? No, I recommend you get a cheap racquet from Walmart. That's what my son and I did when we went down last time.
Does the resort have a hot tub? Yes, on the North end you will see it there, it's pretty good size.
Is there a grocery store nearby? There is a grocery store located 3 miles North of our resort. There is also a convenience store located directly across the street. However, what most of our guests do is book the grocery store run with the transfer company. When you book your transfer, you will see a box you can check that says something like "add the grocery store stop". When you check that box, they charge you $30 extra and then they take you from the airport, to the grocery store, then to the resort.
Is it better for us to book through a platform or from your own website? It's much less to book from our site. I cannot give you a link here in case you are reading this from another platform. But you can easily find me with these words: Tim's Ocean Condos.
How far are you from the airport? 15 minutes.
What airport do we fly into? Cancun International. The code is CUN.
Do you recommend any other tours besides the snorkeling? Yes, I have put together a web page of my recommendations for our guests, they all come in your welcome packet.
Do you recommend any other restaurants besides what is right there across the street? Oh yes! There are so many good ones, I have created a whole page for this purpose only, also for our guests, it comes in your welcome packet.
Should we trade in dollars for pesos? That depends. First, don't make an exchange at the airport, or at the hotel. You will lose well over 10% if you exchange at the airport, and a bit under 10% at the resort. My managers can tell you the closest place to make the exchange when you arrive. They are close by, but the locations do change over the years so this is why I suggest you ask them.
If we have an anniversary or birthday, can you arrange something special? Yes, just let us know what you have in mind and we will make it happen for you and bring you a receipt from the store. We do this type of thing quite often. Please just kindly remember to give Abdiel or Paola a tip for their efforts.
Can you do weddings? We have done a couple of them, but we are not experts in this area.
Why is your cancellation policy strict? These units are unique, and they are often booked several months in advance. If someone cancels with a month or two before arrival, we aren't likely to rebook it, and if we do, it would be at a substantial discount.
What if we think there is a chance we may need to cancel? I would recommend you purchase travel insurance. You can get this for not only the rental, but for the airline costs as well if you like. The price is reasonable, about 5% if it doesn't include covid related issues. We provide this link in your welcome packet.
What if there was a hurricane during my stay? You would receive a full credit towards a future stay.
Is there a seaweed problem on your beach? Fortunately no. What little seaweed we do get is removed daily. From about October through March, there is usually none or very, very little. From April through September, what little we get is removed daily. We are really fortunate, I'm not sure why we don't get much, considering that the Riviera Maya which is just South of Cancun, gets many times more than we do. Same with Playa del Carmen, they get a lot of seaweed.
How many stars is Oleo Cancun Playa? We are a 4.5 star resort.
Are jet skis and parasailing nearby? Yes, they are normally set up either on our beach, or at a nearby beach a few resorts down. If you aren't sure, there is a tour guide right inside the resort in the center tower, main level.
Is Cancun safe? Yes, the hotel zone is very safe. My wife or myself are here all the time working. As I write this, I am here in Cancun now. We live near Chicago, which of course has a bad reputation for crime. But we would never hesitate to go to a Cub's game or Navy Pier. To me, every big city can have some bad areas, but if you stay where the tourists are, you're fine. And the hotel zone is that place for Cancun. Frankly even El Centro, where the locals go is safe. My wife and I have never had a problem in all the years we have been coming here, inclusive of all of our trips to Home Depot, Costco, SuperWalmart, and many other stores.
Do you recommend the in home cooking? Yes, it's excellent! So tasty! I love authentic Mexican food. If you do too, you'll love it!
How do we book that? On my site, after you make the reservation for the condo.
If we book the rental on your site, what form of payment do you take? Visa, master or discover card.
Is it less expensive if we book on your site? Yes, much less. Typically 20% or more.
Why is it so much less? Because we don't have to pay a commission and we also avoid several other fees they charge.
Do you mind if we call you to ask questions? Not at all. I prefer that actually, it's much more personal. But if you are on a platform that is not my site, they don't share contact info.
How can we know when we are on your site? You'll know, just use these words to find me: Tim's Ocean Condos
What if we are already on your site, why does it say to still try to find you? Because the info on my site is integrated into different platforms, so the same text is there that is on my site. Therefore you're seeing the same text, even though you may or may not be on my site.
Tim's Ocean Condos
This 2-bedroom 2-bathroom condominium sleeps up to 6 people.
Penthouse 2102 is located on the 2nd floor of our center tower. Once you enter the Condo you will experience unforgettable views of the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Ocean.
The living room is spacious and features a floor to ceiling sliding glass door and windows facing the ocean. There is a 55" smart television, and a pull-out queen-size sofa bed.
The dining area has a table that seats up to 6 people.
The kitchen features all new appliances, quarts counter tops, microwave, stove and oven, and a full-size refrigerator with freezer, and is spacious enough to enjoy each other’s company and prepare your family meals. There is no need to worry about our drinking water, you can quench your thirst with our supply of clean, great tasting water installed on its own filtered water dispenser.
Bedroom 1 features a king size bed with ocean front view.
The large bathroom has a walk-in shower featuring a touch of luxury to your showering experience with a square rainfall shower head that will invigorate you at the beginning of your day and give you the perfect send off just before bed at night.
Bedroom 2 also has a king size bed, flat screen TV, ocean view and private full bathroom with rainfall shower head.
This vacation rental is also equipped with a washer and a dryer and offers complimentary Wifi along with premium air conditioning.
1 Sofa Bed
1 King Bed
1 King Bed
Km 19.5, Blvd. Kukulcan 2102, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Cancun, Quintana Roo
For bookings of Christmas and New Years please read below, this info here applies to all bookings except Christmas and New Years:
Amount of cancellation fee:
Cancelling more than 5 months prior to arrival: 12% of total
Cancelling more than 91-149 days prior to arrival: 20% of total
Cancelling more than 60-90 days prior to arrival: 30% of total
Cancelling 40-59 days prior to arrival: 50% of total
Cancelling with less than 40 days prior to arrival or less: No refund.
In the event of a pandemic, hurricane, or travel ban resulting from any calamity, act of God or war, a credit would be issued towards a future stay. For more specific cancellation details please visit my web site. Thank you.
For Christmas and New Years week only:
Cancelling more than 8+ months prior to arrival: 20% of total
Cancelling more than 6+ months prior to arrival: 40% of total
Cancelling more than 5+ months prior to arrival: 60% of total
Cancelling more than 4+ months prior to arrival: 70% of total
Cancelling more than 3+ months prior to arrival: 80% of total
Cancelling less than 90 days before arrival: No refund
A 20% down payment is due to reserve the Penthouse for the dates selected.
The balance owed is charged to the same credit card 60 days prior to your arrival, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve reservations.
For Thanksgiving, the balance owed is due 90 days prior to your arrival.
For Christmas and New Year’s Eve we require 50% down payment at reservation, and the balance is due 4 months prior to arrival.
A $300.00 refundable damage/missing inventory deposit is charged on the final billing and will be refunded seven days after your check out date. This deposit is to cover any damages that occurred during your reservation and any missing or damaged inventory that occurred during your reservation. A list of fees is included on our house rules on the website, and in your welcome packet, and inside the vacation rental property. See Terms of the Agreement and House Rules for more information. Please note that I will often lower this damage deposit substantially if the group is small or older. If this is done, it is done before processing the down payment I mention this because sometimes after departure people think they are getting less than their full $300 back when $300 was never charged in the first place.
Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
from $179 / night
Vacation Rental Software by Lodgix.com