Vacation Rental House Rules
Updated January 2021
COVID19 DISCLAIMER: Due to the current COVID-19 scare, there has been a shortage in essentials and cleaning supplies. We ask that you bring your own toiletries, additional toilet paper and paper towels etc. We will give you enough to begin your stay with us, we are unable to guarantee a supply of these items until further notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
You are not required to use a mask inside our condominiums, on our beach or at our pools. You are required to wear a mask inside all common areas such as elevators, indoor bar, restaurants, at the NUUP Spa and the fitness center.
All guests must be declared at the time of the reservation. The occupancy limit of our home is limited by the number of guest’s names, ages and passport numbers given at the time of your reservation on your guest list. For COVID19 security measures, additional guests arriving after the original guest list will not be allowed onto the property and will be vacated for trespassing and may be fined by the local government.
Only the person who booked the unit can sign for the unit at check in and must have supplied us with a working cell phone number. If we cannot contact this person using that cellphone number, you will be in violation of your reservation and terms of service.
There is an extra charge for more than 6 people of $75 per person per day. A person is any person, regardless of age.
For your protection, our building security requires all names, ages and passport numbers of every guest entering the property.
You will also need to sign a required document at the time of arrival stating that you and your guests have not been exposed to anyone with COVID19 in the previous two weeks prior to your arrival and that you understand if you or anyone inside your party has a temperature at the time of your arrival you will not be allowed onto our property and you and your guests will be directed to the hospital. If this happens your reservation will be terminated without refund immediately.
You must be 27 years and older to book this unit.
Early Check In
We are required to follow COVID19 protocols the day of your arrival to keep with all regulations from the Mexico Government and keep our vacation rental COVID19 ready. There are specific duties that need to be completed before your arrival and for this reason, as much as we would like to, we cannot get you into the condo before 4:00 p.m.
On the day you arrive you may use the resort as soon as you arrive. We can take your luggage up (after it has been disinfected) to your condominium for you along with any groceries you may have purchased and store them inside your refrigerator as well.
Late Check Out
Our cleaning staff has more responsibility than ever to prepare the unit in between guests. For this reason, more time is needed, and late check outs are not accepted check out time is 11:00 a.m.
We did not increase our cleaning fee after COVID19. Our fee is based on you being a courteous guest (someone who cleans up after themselves, cleans dishes, puts towels in the washer). We ask that you leave our property the same way you found it. Our property is not a hotel. If our housekeeping company discovers an unreasonable amount of clutter or damage post checkout, we will charge an additional cleaning fee and damage fee.
Please understand that our housekeeping company is responsible for all ten units within a short window of time, they have been required to complete additional COVID19 duties. To accommodate their hectic schedule, they may will leave clean towels drying in the dryer at the time of your arrival. Please look in the dryer for towels if you think there are not enough.
Do not put your garbage outside of the property. We receive a fine if you leave trash outside of the penthouses. There are security cameras watching this, they will record you and we will receive a fine and pass it along to you.
Separate your trash into the separate recycle bins as marked and use the specific clear bags we give you. Notify your property manager if you need a special pick up of your recycling or garbage.
No Pets Allowed
Smoking and Parties
Smoking and Parties are not allowed. Smoking fee/damage deposit is $300.
Smoking and partying inside the unit damages our property and leaves the unit unsuitable to rent to our next guest. It costs money to repair the damage and remove excess debris left behind when someone smokes or parties inside our unit.
It takes the cleaning company more time than is allowed after your check out time of 11:00 a.m. to rent an ozone machine for smoke remediation to treat and prepare the unit before the next guest check in time of 4:00 p.m.
Therefor an additional expedited cleaning fee is also paid to the cleaning company if a party did happen or smoking was found during your stay to make the home “smoke free” and like new again. This expedited cleaning fee is $250 on top of the fee to rent the ozone machine of $300 and the additional cleaning fee of $195.
If we are unable to make the unit like new again before the next guest arrive, we must refund our next guest or upgrade their stay to a new unit. You will be responsible for additional cleaning fees, expedited cleaning fees to bring in additional cleaning company, ozone rental – smoke remediation fee and you will lose your security deposit. The total cost to you could be over $1000 US dollars.
Noise levels need to be low after 10:00 p.m.
Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property. This includes internet downloads.
All guests must be declared at the time of the reservation. The occupancy limit of our home is limited by the number of guest’s names, ages and passport numbers given at the time of your reservation. For COVID19 security measures, additional guests arriving after the original guest list will not be allowed onto the property and will be vacated for trespassing and may be fined by the local government.
Only the person who booked the unit is can sign for the unit at check in and must have supplied us with a working cell phone number. If we cannot contact this person using that cellphone number, you will be in violation of your reservation and terms of service.
For your protection, our building security requires all names, ages and passport numbers of every guest entering the property.
You will also need to sign a required document at the time of arrival stating that you and no one with your party has been exposed to anyone with COVID19 in the previous two weeks prior to your arrival and that you understand if you or anyone inside your party has a temperature at the time of your arrival you will not be allowed into our property and you and your guests will be directed to the hospital. If this happens your reservation will be terminated without refund immediately.
Applicable Fee Schedule
A condition of being able to use our cooking amenities you agree that all cooking utensils, pots and pans and dishes will be cleaned and put back away before you check out. Dirty dishes that are also not put away will result in an additional dirty dishes cleaning fee of $100.
A condition of being able to stay in our unit is that you agree to sorting all debris and using the four recycle bins assigned. Excessive trash left behind or not sorting the trash will result in an additional unsorted trash/excessive debris cleaning fee of $100.
A condition of staying in our unit is you understand there is no late check outs. We have a limited amount of time to get our units COVID19 ready for the next guest arrival time. If you are not checked out before 11:00 a.m. this will result in a late check out fee of $100 per half hour. If you hold possession of our property for more than 2 hours we will charge you for an additional day, this does not award you possession for the additional day, it is a penalty for holding possession of our unit after your check out time.
A condition of staying in our unit is you agree to and understand you will follow all terms of the lease and community policies of our condominium association which are left inside the condominium and are listed on our website.
If you have a complaint about the amenities, cleanliness or otherwise about our property upon notifying us about this complaint you are authorizing us to enter the property to resolve the issue, we do not need permission to access the property. We have the right to enter to resolve property issues without prior approval from you. By not allowing us entry into the unit this is a violation of our house rules.
By booking this unit, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to all these house rules.
If you or any of your guests violate any portion of our house rules this is cause for immediate termination of reservation without refund – your reservation has ended immediately. We reserve the right to remove anyone from our property for violating any portion of our house rules for this reason the reservation is terminated and Mexican authorities will be called to remove all guests and you will be considered trespassing.
Terms and Conditions
A 20% down payment is due to reserve the Penthouse for the dates selected, and the balance owed is charged to the same credit card 60 days prior to your arrival, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve reservations. For Thanksgiving, the balance owed is due 90 days prior to your arrival. For Christmas and New Year’s Eve we require 20% down at reservation, an additional 20% is due five months prior to arrival date and another 20% deposit is due four months prior to your arrival date, the final balance is due 90 days prior to your arrival.
Balance due 60 days prior to commencement of the rental.
Terms of the Agreement:
- The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- In case of emergency, from any phone dial 911.
- The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. We understand there will be cleaning necessary of course. However, if the unit is left an absolute mess with excessive garbage and clean up needed, funds could be taken from the security deposit to pay for the extra clean up. In such cases photos of the condition the condo was left in will come to your email along with the corresponding extra charge. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises or items within the premises be damaged from the security deposit. If damage is excessive and goes beyond the security deposit withheld, landlord has the right to charge the card on file for such damages. In such cases, photos of any damage will be sent to the email of the tenant promptly.
- The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. Details for this are noted on your confirmation email.
- The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
- The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
- The Tenants shall have no one reside or sleep on the premises that was not included on the original reservation list with names, ages and email address at the time of reservation.
- The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and Pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
- There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside on the terrace.
- Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, utensils, plates, bowls, and glassware. NO supplies are provided except for 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 roll paper towels, dish detergent, hand soap and garbage bags. All supplies beyond what is noted here are to be provided by the tenant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
- The Tenants and Tenants’ Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
- Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
- Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not. Note from Tim: For the record this has never happened in all my years of taking care of the penthouses here in Cancun, so the odds of this happening are extremely rare.
- There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool can be dangerous, and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenant is further notified to be cautious when exiting the rear of the home as the pool is open and near the entry ways and can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool.
- Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
- Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
- Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
- Tenant is advised that the property contains several appliances and to ask how each one operates by the manager that is giving you the keys, showing you around the unit and answering your questions. Several of these appliances are in Spanish, so be sure to know how each works while the manager is present. Thank you.
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Tenant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
- Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
- Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months, they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- Cable or satellite TV is provided, and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences about cable or satellite TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences about internet service.
- Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 69° Fahrenheit or 20° Celsius, and not set above 78° Fahrenheit or 25° Celsius. Doors and windows must be closed while air conditioning is in operation. If you do not close all windows while the AC is running the system can turn into “a block of ice” quite quickly and stop running. This is very hard on the AC units and will stop you from having cold air for several hours. It is critical that all windows and doors remain shut while the AC is on. Tenant agrees to keep windows and doors shut while AC is on.
Please note: For cancellations of dates that include the week of Thanksgiving or the nights of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day, please see Cancellation Policy – Holiday Bookings just below this first section.
Canceling more than 5 months or more prior to arrival: 12% of Rental Total
Cancelling 91 to 149 days prior to arrival: 20% of Rental Total
Canceling between 60 & 90 days prior to arrival: 30% of Rental Total
Canceling between 46 days and 59 days prior to arrival: 50% of the rental total
Canceling between 45 days prior to arrival or less: No Refund
Cancellation Policy – Holiday Bookings
For reservations that include part or all the week of Thanksgiving or the nights of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.
8+ months prior to arrival: 20% of the Rental Total
6+ months prior to arrival: 40% of the Rental Total
5+ months prior to arrival: 60% of the Rental Total
4+ months prior to arrival: 70% of the Rental Total
3+ months prior to arrival: 80% of the Rental Total
Under 3 months prior to arrival: No Refund