Tim's Ocean Condos®
Vacation Rental House Rules
Updated March 24, 2023
Only guests on your guest list will be provided security wristbands and allowed to enter the Oleo Playa Cancun Resort.
We need you to email your guest list with the first and last names and ages of everyone that will be staying inside the rental.
Your guest list needs to be emailed to us as soon as possible, because we need to submit it to our security administration at least one week prior to your arrival.
2 Bedroom units have an occupancy limit of 4 people. If you have more than four people there is an extra charge of $100 per person per day with a total limit of 6 people.
3- and 4-Bedroom units have an occupancy limit of 8 people. If you have more than eight people there is an extra charge of $100 per person per day with a total limit of 12 people in the 4-bedroom units and 10 people in the 3-bedroom units.
Penthouse 3704 does not allow more than 8 people in their unit.
We do not recommend more than 8-9 people in the larger units for the sake of your comfort on your vacation and we do not recommend more than 4 people in the 2-bedroom units also for the sake of your comfort. If you go over our recommendation and are not comfortable please do not give us a bad review.
Only the person who paid for the reservation can sign for the unit at check in and must have supplied us with a working cell phone number and valid passport.
In rare cases if the person who made the reservation needs someone else to sign for the unit at check in they must notify us in writing via email. The email must state that:
I, first name and last name authorize first and last name to sign for the condominium on my behalf, and I am aware that I am still responsible for all damages to the unit.
Resort Age Limit
You must be 27 years and older to book our vacation rental properties.
For your protection ÓLEO Cancún Playa - All Inclusive Boutique Resort Security Control requires all names and ages of every guest entering the property. This is not in our control.
Our resort security does not allow additional guests to arrive after the original guest list is submitted. Any additional guests arriving after the original guest list will not be allowed to enter the resort.
Early Check In
Check in is at 4:00 pm.
When you arrive at our resort our manager will be there to welcome you. If you are there before 4pm check-in time, you are welcome to use the resort facilities or get something to eat at the restaurants located directly across the street until check-in time.
Our property managers will greet you in the ÓLEO Cancún Playa lobby with the bar and give you your security wristbands so that you can walk about the resort.
Suitcases and Groceries
If you arrive before your check-in time at 4:00 pm; and you need our property managers to bring your belongings up to the condominium for your security they can, but please remember to tip them at least $5.00 US dollars per bag.
Late Check Out
Check out is 11:00 am.
If your transfer to the airport is later in the afternoon, you can leave your luggage inside the condominium entrance at 11am while we start the cleaning process for the next guests. We ask that you return no later than 3 pm to pick up your luggage. If you do not retrieve your luggage before 3 pm we will charge you for an additional day.
Our cleaning fee is based on you being a courteous guest (someone who cleans up after themselves, cleans their used dishes and follows all check out rules). We ask that you leave our property the same way you found it.
Our condominiums are not hotels. If our housekeeping company discovers an unreasonable amount of clutter or damage post checkout, we will charge an additional cleaning fee of $195.
Please understand that our housekeeping company is responsible for all our units within a short window of time (from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm) to clean up to 3000 square feet. Please follow the check-out instructions left on the kitchen counter for you when you arrive.
Do not put your garbage outside of the condominium. We receive a fine if you leave trash outside of the penthouses. There are security cameras watching this, they will record you and we will receive a fine and pass it along to you.
Separate your trash into the separate recycle bins as marked inside the condominium and use the specific clear bags we give you. Notify your property manager via email if you need a special pick up of your recycling or garbage.
No Pets Allowed
Smoking and Parties
Smoking and Parties are not allowed. The smoking fee is $500. Smoking is permitted on the terrace. Please note that any burn holes left in any outdoor cushions will result in no refund of your security deposit. Please be careful.
Smoking and partying inside the unit damages our property and leaves the unit unsuitable to rent to our next guest. It costs money to repair the damage and remove excess debris left behind when someone smokes or parties inside our unit.
It takes the cleaning company more time than is allowed after your check out time of 11:00 a.m. to rent an ozone machine for smoke remediation to treat and prepare the unit before the next guest check in time of 4:00 p.m.
Therefor an additional expedited cleaning fee is also paid to the cleaning company if a party did happen, or smoking was found during your stay to make the home “smoke free” and like new again. This expedited cleaning fee is $250 on top of the fee to rent the ozone machine of $300 and the additional cleaning fee of $195.
If we are unable to make the unit like new again before the next guest arrives, we must refund our next guest or upgrade their stay to a new unit. You will be responsible for additional cleaning fees, expedited cleaning fees to bring in additional cleaning company, ozone rental – smoke remediation fee and you will lose your security deposit. The total cost to you could be over $1000 US dollars.
Noise levels need to be low after 10:00 p.m.
Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on the property. This includes internet downloads.
Applicable Fee Schedule
A condition of renting our property is you agree that you are liable for all sets of house keys given to you. If all sets of house keys are not returned to the kitchen counter when you leave, you will be charged a $300 fee to have a locksmith come out and re-key the unit or install new locks.
A condition of using our cooking amenities is that all cooking utensils, pots and pans and dishes will be cleaned and put back away before you check out. Dirty dishes that are also not put away will result in an additional dirty dishes cleaning fee of $100. Upon your arrival if you feel you are missing any cookware, notify the property manager.
A condition of being able to stay in our unit is that you agree to sorting all debris and using the four recycle bins assigned. Excessive trash left behind or not sorting the trash will result in an additional unsorted trash/excessive debris cleaning fee of $100.
A condition of staying in our unit is you understand there are no late check outs. We have a limited amount of time to get our units COVID19 ready for the next guest arrival time. If you are not checked out before 11:00 a.m. this will result in a late check out fee of $100 per half hour. If you hold possession of our property for more than 2 hours we will charge you for an additional day, this does not award you possession for the additional day, it is a penalty for holding possession of our unit after your check out time.
A condition of using our linens while you stay in our unit is that you agree that you will return all the linens in the same physical condition as when you arrived in our unit. You agree that Tim’s Ocean Condos will do a physical inventory of the linens upon your departure. Tim’s Ocean Condos will notify you via email of missing and damaged linens in a timely fashion along with any pertinent photographs.
You acknowledge that the linens used inside Tim’s Ocean Condos are imported from the United States and cannot be replaced with linens available in Cancun Mexico.
You agree to pay in full the new replacement costs including all United States Sales Tax, shipping to Mexico, IVA, and Customs for any missing or damaged linens at the applicable fee’s listed below per each unit:
Coverlet with matching shams $200
Duvet Cover $100
Down Alternative Duvet Insert $200
Bed Skirt $50
Mattress Pad $95
Mattress Topper $210
Sheet Set $190
Serta Sleeper Pillow Cover $50
Pillowcase set (no longer available) must purchase whole sheet set.
Cotton Thermal Blanket $40
Bath Towel $50
Beach Towel $50
Hand Towel $40
Facial Towel $10
White Kitchen Towel $10
A condition of staying in our unit is you agree to and understand you will follow all terms of the lease and community policies of our condominium association which are left inside the condominium and are listed on our website.
If you have a complaint about the amenities, cleanliness or otherwise about our property upon notifying us about this complaint you are authorizing us to enter the property to resolve the issue, we do not need permission to access the property. We have the right to enter to resolve property issues without prior approval from you. By not allowing us entry into the unit this is a violation of our house rules.
By booking this unit, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to all these house rules.
If you or any of your guests violate any portion of our house rules this is cause for immediate termination of reservation without refund - your reservation has ended immediately. We reserve the right to remove anyone from our property for violating any portion of our house rules for this reason the reservation is terminated and Mexican authorities will be called to remove all guests and you will be considered trespassing.
Terms and Conditions
A 20% down payment is due to reserve the Penthouse for the dates selected, and the balance owed is charged to the same credit card 60 days prior to your arrival, except for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve reservations. For Thanksgiving, the balance owed is due 90 days prior to your arrival. For Christmas and New Year’s Eve we require 20% down at reservation, an additional 20% is due five months prior to arrival date and another 20% deposit is due four months prior to your arrival date, the final balance is due 90 days prior to your arrival.
Balance due 60 days prior to commencement of the rental.
Terms of the Rental Agreement:
- The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- In case of emergency, from any phone dial 911.
- The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready-to-rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. We understand there will be cleaning necessary of course. However, if the unit is left an absolute mess with excessive garbage and clean up needed, funds could be taken from the security deposit to pay for the extra clean up. In such cases photos of the condition the condominium was left in will come to your email along with the corresponding extra charge. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises or items within the premises be damaged from the security deposit. If damage is excessive and goes beyond the security deposit withheld, landlord has the right to charge the card on file for such damages. In such cases, photos of any damage will be sent to the email of the tenant promptly.
- The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. Details of this are noted in your confirmation email.
- The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
- The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
- The Tenants shall have no one reside or sleep on the premises that was not included on the original reservation list with names, ages, and email address at the time of reservation.
- The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and Pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
- There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside on the terrace.
- Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, utensils, plates, bowls, and glassware. NO supplies are provided except for 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 roll paper towels, dish detergent, hand soap and garbage bags. All supplies beyond what is noted here are to be provided by the tenant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left on the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
- The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury, or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
- Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
- Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenants shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not. Note from Tim: For the record this has never happened in all my years of taking care of the penthouses here in Cancun, so the odds of this happening are extremely rare.
- There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool can be dangerous, and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenants are further notified to be cautious when exiting the rear of the home as the pool is open and near the entry ways and can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool.
- Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
- Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
- Tenants agree not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
- The tenant is advised that the property contains several appliances and to ask how each one operates by the manager that is giving you the keys, showing you around the unit and answering your questions. Several of these appliances are in Spanish, so be sure to know how each works while the manager is present. Thank you.
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at the last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Tenant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
- Tenants shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
- Valuable items left behind by the tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months, they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- Cable or satellite TV is provided, and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences about cable or satellite TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences about internet service.
- Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 69° Fahrenheit or 20° Celsius, and not set above 78° Fahrenheit or 25° Celsius. Doors and windows must be closed while the air conditioning is in operation. If you do not close all windows while the AC is running the system can turn into "a block of ice" quite quickly and stop running. This is extremely hard on the AC units and will stop you from having cold air for several hours. It is critical that all windows and doors remain shut while the AC is on. The tenant agrees to keep windows and doors shut while the AC is on.
Please note: For cancellations of dates that include the week of Thanksgiving or the nights of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, or New Year’s Day, please see Cancellation Policy - Holiday Bookings just below this first section.
Canceling more than 5 months or more prior to arrival: 12% of Rental Total
Cancelling 91 to 149 days prior to arrival: 20% of Rental Total
Canceling between 60 & 90 days prior to arrival: 30% of Rental Total
Canceling between 46 days and 59 days prior to arrival: 50% of the rental total
Canceling between 45 days prior to arrival or less: No Refund
Cancellation Policy - Holiday Bookings
For reservations that include part or all the week of Thanksgiving or the nights of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, or New Year’s Day.
8+ months prior to arrival: 20% of the Rental Total
6+ months prior to arrival: 40% of the Rental Total
5+ months prior to arrival: 60% of the Rental Total
4+ months prior to arrival: 70% of the Rental Total
3+ months prior to arrival: 80% of the Rental Total
Under 3 months prior to arrival: No Refund